Vicious tears in the Soul, It's where Angels fear to tread. Nasty stuff, that Discord. Collect 'em, trade 'em, race 'em.
- You're thin, perhaps abnormally so. At any rate, you look a lot more frail than you are. . Gaunt/1 makes you look like you're half-starved, Gaunt/3 like a famine victim, amd Gaunt/6 makes you, literally, skin and bones.
- For every level of Gaunt, reduce your weight by by 1/8For every odd level, take a -1 Reaction Penalty. For every even level, Reduce Strength by 1 for the purpose of calculating Body hits, and in any case of grappling or wrestling.
Whatever it is that flows in your veins, it ain't blood.
A Celestial with the Ichor Discord has all his vessels' body fluids
oddly twisted. Any character with Ichor can never give or recieve blood
transfusions, and has a reaction penalty equal to the level of the
Discord, should it become apparent that the character has funky
blood/saliva/tears/etc. This is not an appropriate discord for Humans,
though undead may have it.
Ichor/1 Strange Taste
- A celestial with this level of Ichor will have fluids with an odd taste.
Any cursory medical inspection of the body fluids will reveal them to be
something other than what they should be. In addition, since saliva will
be changed too, the character will suffer a -3 to any Taste Roll he
makes. The character will not become used to the taste with time.
Ichor/2 Strange Looks
- The body fluids have an strange color Black, Green, and Blue are popular
colors. It is obvious to any person that your blood or saliva is
strange, tears will tint your eyes a different color, but the effects
will not be noticeable unless you actually start crying.
Ichor/3 Strange Smell
- The body fluids have a wierd smell, one that can be easily detected by
making a Smell roll. Could smell like lilacs, rotting sewage, sulfur, or
Ichor/4 Strange Feel
- The body fluids feel odd. They may be viscous, silky, sticky, grainy, or
stinging to the touch. These properties will also be pretty obvious to
Ichor/5 Strange Sound
- It bubbles, it hisses, it whistles. it snaps, crackles, or pops. Once
out of the body, Body Fluids make noises clearly audible to anyone
within two yards.
- Body fluids, once out of the body, move independently of your will. They
may send out flailing tendrils, or move as viscous globs. It's very
unnerving to watch, and requires carefull attention to bandaging to stop
All of the above functions are cumulative, a character with Ichor/4 will
have the effects of Ichor/3, Ichor/2, and Ichor/1. Perhaps crunchy blue
blood that smells and tastes like Drano.
Ichor is inconvenient during fights, as any wound will show it. Above
level 2, even bruises look funky.
Ichor also tends to react badly with all but the most innocuous of
substances. An Ichored character who is subjected to any drug not
explicitily tailored to his brand of body fluids, must make a Strength
Roll at a penalty equal to the level of the discord, or take half the
check digit of the failed roll in damage.
If it didn't rhyme, you didn't say it.
A being with the Doggerel Discord must roll versus his Will, at a penalty equal to the level of the Discord daily, at the time he would normally regenerate Essence. Failure means that, for the next twenty-four hours,his words must rhyme if he wishes to say anything at all. Children may find this condition humorous, most people will find it quite annoying. Typically, reaction rolls and all interpersonal skills will have a penmalty of at least -3 while rhyming. The GM should feel free to increase the penalties to social skills and daily will rolls if the player is relying on nonsensical rhymes, and give bonuses if the rhymes the player comes up with are good ones.
"Gone, Gone, Form of man--"|
"Don't make me smack you again."|